Hoping for some of this, need it badly River is pretty low……
NEXT 8 DAY EXTENDED OUTLOOK
(Between Xmas Eve and New Years Eve)
* Share, Tag, Like and Dot for News Feeds *
• Pretty much every location across QLD has showers, storms and some rain forecast during this period.
• A surface trough develops over Western QLD on Xmas day then sways back and forth while deepening right through the middle of the state before pushing East into SEQLD on the 29th and further North into Central and Northern districts in the 30th. ( exact dates may change depending on movements )
• Reasonable rainfall is forecast through this period… Follow up rain for most and hopefully a system that delivers to those who have missed out!
• No doubt we will see a number of severe storms somewhere during any given day with Damaging Winds being the primary threat followed by Heavy Rain then Large Hail. Frequent Dangerous Lightning a given under storms due to high instability levels.
• Detailed Daily forecasts will be provided for Xmas Day and New Years Day with 3 Day block outlooks in between.
• These forecasts will be pinned to the top of the HSC page and uploaded to the HSC App along with push notifications of warnings and forecasts being sent out. We are also trailing Geo Targeted Push Notifications for specific storm risk areas areas.
• We advise anyone planning to travel or go camping these holidays to stay up to date with forecasts and Warnings.
• Be Prepared , Be Aware , Be Safe this holiday period.
Most of all be happy have a merry Xmas and happy new year… Don’t let the weather stop you!
~ Jeff Higgins ~